sabbey

Warm Bodies
Isaac Marion
Banish
Nicola Marsh
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
Sarah J. Maas
Guilty Pleasures  - Laurell K. Hamilton Also on my blog

This dragged too much for me to the point I had to skim the last 100 odd pages, and the main character Anita was annoying. Full review to come.

----------------------------------------------------

Ok, I've been tossing up between 1 or 2 stars. It came down to the fact that I skimmed part of it therefore meaning I wasn't enjoying it, so I settled on 1 star. I didn't hate it, but I think it's safe to say I will not be reading any more of this series.
That said I know that Laurell Hamilton has loads of fans that love her books and that is awesome, it really is. I'm just not one of them.

Those people that think (and say) if you didn't like it why did you read it - easy, I was intrigued by the book, by the people I have come across that loved it, and when I started reading it the world (what we were told of it) was intriguing. I wanted to know what happens. It is also very rare that I wont finish a book because no matter much I might not like it, there are things that I do and most of the time that is the plot. In this case, a who-dun-it. I wanted to know the answer. Its as simple as that.

The vampires and the world are interesting. It would have been more interesting if more detail would have been provided.

My problem with this book and therefore my attitude and rating towards it is mainly due to Anita.

Anita is insufferable. She is mean, arrogant, and overly blunt. Her constant use of "Naw" drove me crazy. It was doubly so when she was using it in response to her own rhetorical questions and conversations with herself. Everything she describes is agony to read. This book could have been half the size if the clothing and gun details, and Anita's conversations with herself had been removed. That 'space' would have been better spent on explaining the vampire myths (4 bites, etc) and how any of the other creatures came about.

I didn't care for any of the other characters, to me they were like space fillers, empty shells there to help the story along and nothing else. I didn't care what happened to them. Jean-Claude's slow seduction of Anita was in part mildly interesting.

If anyone can tell me how you do a "hubba hubba" motion with your hand and what it looks like, I'd love to know. I had no idea what it was about!

I have never skimmed a book, it's just not something I want to do, but I could not bare the babbling any longer and just wanted to get to end and see what the point was. *sigh*