sabbey

Warm Bodies
Isaac Marion
Banish
Nicola Marsh
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
Sarah J. Maas
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) - Sarah J. Maas This review can also be found on Delirious About Books

Throne of Glass is full of action, mystery, Fae, magic, likeable characters and great dialogue.
My only regret, is that I didn't take more time to read it over a shorter period instead of the weeks it took me. =( It was the kind of book I'd read and finish in a day or two.

The plot was slightly predictable, but even if I guessed at who the villian might be I still enjoyed and wanted to read the story. While I knew who the villian was there were a few interesting details I didn't foresee which just made it more enjoyable to read.

The characters are awesome and well developed.
Celaena is a great strong female character who speaks her mind, is confident, smart and witty.
Nehemia is another fantastic strong lead female character in the book who I hope to see more of in the next novel. She is seriously underestimated and I look forward to seeing how that develops.

Both Captain Chaol Westfall and Prince Dorian have a strong presence and are loyal companions. The dialogue between them and Celaena was something I really enjoyed reading thanks to the witty remarks thrown back and forth.

There is a (sort of) love triangle but it is subtle and I felt it blended in with the story rather then being a main focus. It will be interesting to see how it develops in the next books.

The writing and depth of Throne of Glass is brilliant and inside world of the castle superbly done. There are only glimpses of the world outside the castle and it will be great to learn more in the next book.

ARC was provided by Bloomsbury via Netgalley. Thank you! =)