sabbey

Warm Bodies
Isaac Marion
Banish
Nicola Marsh
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
Sarah J. Maas
Flawed - Kate Avelynn
More reviews can be found at Delirious About Books

This is hard for me to review, especially without giving anything away. This was an emotional read but due to the main topic of incest I don't think this will be for everyone. That said, this was well written and it was easy to empathise with Sarah. This was one of my favourite reads in 2012. It's one of those books that stay with you long after you finish reading it.

Sarah is naive, and fairly submissive. Considering how she was raised, you can understand her naivety and the decisions she made. Later in the story she does start to see things that are wrong, but what got frustrating was the fact she still went along with things even though she knew she shouldn't. For added frustration - she thought she deserved it. *sigh* Despite this, in a way, you can still empathise with her and understand why she thinks that way. Sarah goes through a lot of character growth in this book, although the bulk of her growth is towards the end and with huge consequences.

Sarah's brother, James, was a character that was hard to like, or dislike. In a way I felt sorry for him, but at the same time felt he should know better. Again, his upbringing would play a part in his actions.

James' best friend Sam, and Sarah's love interest, was everything you could ever want, especially someone in Sarah's situation. He is thoughtful, caring, understanding, and strong. I pretty much loved him, and his mum.

This book took me on a roller-coaster ride of emotion. It is a beautifully constructed, well paced, heartbreaking story. If you like contemporary books with a realistic feel, give Flawed a read - I'm sure you'll love it. But be warned, this does not have the happy ever after ending you will be wishing for.

A copy was provided by Entangled Publishing and Netgalley in return for an honest review.